top of page
  • Catherine Young

Grants and bursaries for your uni experience (yr 12-13, check your eligibility)


Want to know if you're eligible for any non-repayable grants or bursaries in your university years? you could be!

Wiltshire Community Fund is offering university bursaries up to £1,600 a year to pupils who need support with funding their higher education qualifications. you will be eligible if:

- You are under 25 years

- Have lived in Swindon or Wiltshire for at least two years

- You or your parents/ guardians receive at least two means- tested benefits or two elements of universal credit

- Are eligible for funding through student finance England

- Are studying your first undergraduate degree

What can I use my bursaries for?

This bursary could be used for:

- General living expenses

- Course costs

- Travel costs (excluding studying abroad)

- Books and equipment

Contact the grants team by emailing if you would like more information on applying for this.


It also offers grants of up to £1000 to support the costs of vocational training for young

people aged between 14- 24 years. You can apply for a vocational grant if you:

- are aged between 14 and 24 years

- have lived in Wiltshire or Swindon for at least two years

- you, your parents or guardians receive a means-tested benefit

- are studying at school, college or sixth form or undertaking an apprenticeship

What could I use my grant for?

You could use your grant for:

- educational resources or equipment

- out of school activities which contribute to learning

- course related study or field trips

- IT equipment

- travel costs – in some circumstances

Please contact the same email if you would like more information on applying for this.


If you would like to take a look at this fantastic opportunity yourself, please see the PDFs:

University Bursary Leaflet
Download PDF • 297KB

Vocational Grant Leaflet
Download PDF • 250KB

3 views0 comments
bottom of page