We are a leading accountancy and tax firm based in a market town in Wiltshire, providing comprehensive financial services to a diverse range of clients. With a reputation for excellence and a commitment to delivering exceptional results, we offer a dynamic and supportive work environment that encourages professional growth and development.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Trainee Accountant to join our team, offering an AAT training package to become an accounting technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for various accounting tasks, including the preparation of accounts and business tax computations, with the scope to assist with the preparation of management accounts and bookkeeping tasks
This position offers an excellent opportunity for school leavers looking to kick-start their career in accounting and gain hands-on experience in a professional environment. With genuine scope for career progression, you will quickly become an integral part of the firm.
The individual should be ambitious, hardworking and self-motivated, with excellent communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities
· Preparation of accounts and business tax computations
· Bookkeeping and preparation of VAT returns
· Exposure to relevant accounting software
· Studying for AAT qualification at an external training provider
Qualifications and Experience
· GCSEs at grade 5 or higher for English, Maths and Science
· 3 A-levels at grade C or higher (or equivalent BTEC qualification)
· Proficient in Excel
· Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
· Effective communications skills to relay key information to other staff
· Keen to work in a fast-paced environment with high volumes
· Strong work ethic
Attractive salary package to reflect experience and skills.
If you are interested in this position and believe you would be suitable, please apply by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively contact Mike Parfitt, Practice Associate Director, on 01249 650441.